QUOTE OF THE DAY
A positive attitude can really make dreams come true.
Chocolates have been the best comfort food for most of us when we are depressed. There are many kinds of chocolates we can buy, may it be a milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate, semi sweet chocolate, unsweetened chocolate or bittersweet chocolate. Since there are many variants of chocolate available, chocolate is not only a snack – it could also be an ingredient for different recipes in different cuisines.
Many chefs have come up different ways of making fantastic best chocolate desserts. It is widely used in making cakes and desserts. The chocolate can be melted, applied with heat, and added to other ingredients and served hot. Some may also be melted but served as cold. Depending on the recipe, there are tricks that are used by chefs to being to your plate a perfect texture of chocolate.
What makes chocolate healthy?
Many people do not realize the number of nutrients present in a chocolate bar. It has been known that chocolate contains flavanols, this is the main type of flavanoid which can be found in the cocoa. But there are many companies in this generation who are processing chocolate merchandise in different brands. People have to take into account that the chocolates we are buying in the stores and supermarket has lesser nutrients compared to the pure cocoa.
- Anti oxidants – cocoa contains polyphenols from flavanols that has anti oxidant properties that reduces the health risks on heart disease and strokes.
- Saturated fats – the three kinds of fats that are found in chocolates are beneficial to the body and do not affect the cholesterol levels.
- Caffeine and theobromine – stimulants that has a mild diuretic reaction.
- Phenylethylamine – this is both an anti depressant and a stimulant.
- Serotonin – chocolates increase the level of serotonin. It acts as a neurotransmitter that is beneficial to our physical and emotional health. If there is an increase level of serotonin, it can lift the mood.
- Vitamins – there are many vitamins found in the dark chocolate. It includes Vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, C, D, E, K, riboflavin, niacin, Vitamin B12 and pantothenic acid.
- Minerals – important minerals are in the chocolates including calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, zinc and selenium.
Dig in to these amazing healthy chocolate desserts:
1 – Chocolate Éclair Dessert
This delicious pudding is very easy to make and requires no baking! This dessert is ideal for quick cravings and on-the-spot gatherings.
Ingredients (for 9×13-inch pan)
- 8 ounce frozen whipped topping
- 3 cups of non-fat milk
- 16 ounce chocolate frosting
- 3 ounce vanilla pudding mix (instant)
- 2 packages of Graham crackers
How to do it:
- Combine milk and pudding mix in a big bowl and stir until even. When the pudding mixture is stirred well, add the whipped topping and mix.
- Arrange the graham crackers neatly in your pan or container.
- Spread the mixture over the first graham layer. Line another layer of crackers and then top again with pudding mixture.
- Line a final layer of graham crackers and this time, top it with chocolate frosting.
- Allow the graham crackers to soften first by refrigerating it for 2 hours or more.
2 – Graham Crackers covered with Dark Chocolate
This sweet treat is one of those quick chocolate desserts you can whip within minutes. This is perfect for those who don’t want to bake or prepare mixtures.
- Semisweet or non fat chocolate chips
- Graham crackers
How to do it:
- Melt the chocolate chips using a microwave oven or heat over pan.
- Spread all over your graham crackers then, serve.
3 – Chocolate Soy Egg Cream
This delectable chocolate drink is perfect for hot lazy afternoons as a chilled drink or as a partner for your morning pretzels.
- Chocolate syrup
- Plain soy milk (low fat)
- Chocolate syrup
How to do it:
- Mix the chocolate syrup and soy milk together using a tall glass.
- Stir and top with seltzer if desired.
For a healthier option, you can also use dark chocolate in any of these recipes as a substitute for milk chocolate. The dietary fiber that is present in the dark chocolate also helps overweight people to lose weight. You can lose weight, have a healthy heart and brain as well as have a healthy lifestyle with a few amount of chocolate intake.
Choose from the recipes mentioned above for a quick fix, or post your own healthy chocolate dessert recipe below!